2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baby steps

Bought my daughter a Cricket .22 last year to shoot...she still hasn't shot it. Combination of a bit of trepidation and logistics getting her out to a range has hampered my efforts.  Decided to go another route....bought her a Crossman 760 air rifle....OK...BB gun.

This thing is actually fun as hell to shoot.  I can adjust the velocity via how many pumps to give it just enough "umph" to penetrate a shoot-n-see target without going through our backstop (cardboard box with newspaper and magazines in it).  After the first couple of shots I can tell the accuracy of both the gun and the kid were one par not to make me worry too much about errant cats getting shot by misses in the neighbourhood....just in case used a big tree as a backstop and I also have a 6' high wooden fence around the backyard.

Overall, my kid is a decent shot.  We went over gun safety (of course), basics of good positioning, breathing, sight picture and trigger squeeze.  If she concentrated, she could put most of her shots in the center of the target. 

Baby steps man....gotta take those baby steps first.....Mosin next week....




No comments: