2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, February 11, 2013


Well, despite my efforts to cancel the order before it shipped, I got my K-31 this past weekend.  To tell you the truth, after looking it over, I am keeping it.  Going to see if I can make up the purchase cost by freeing myself of something else, but I really don't know what yet.

I bought this from SAMCO listed as a "cracked stock", although looking at it I will be damned if I can find where it is cracked at.  And despite not paying the "upcharge" to get one, I did receive a slip of paper under the butt plate saying that this rifle (at least the stock) had belonged to "Christian Hauser".  The receiver and bolt match (serial number indicating it was manufactured in 1938), but the magazine and stock do not match.  So sure, its a Frankenrifle, but its still a Swiss K-31, which means its probably one of the finest frankenrifles I will ever own.  No small wonder looking at it why the Swiss are well renound for their mechanical skills at watches and such.

Range report and more pics forthcoming in a new segment I am working on for the blog "Huey's Cruffers Corner"

No comments: