2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, February 21, 2013

ONG Harlem Shake

I am not going to try and bluff that I even know what the Harlem Shake is, my connection to pop culture is at best tenuous since about 1999 forward.  However I do recognize at least one face in this video, the female soldier that starts off the dance and the guy that comes running through with the bird outfit on deployed with me.

If I am not mistaken this was taken in the weight room / gym of the General Beightler Armory in Columbus, Ohio, where the command elements of the Ohio National Guard are quartered.  Yep, these be REMF's for the most part and I was indeed one of them there at that location for more than a few years as a full time AGR soldier.  The original weights in that room we received after the Lucasville Prison Riots in 1993 from the prison itself, as they had been used as weapons at the time.  A small group of us that worked out at the time took several weeks to disinfect and repaint everything before we put them in the room.  I had an opportunity to work with a former guard that was taken hostage (who was a key state witness in sentencing 5 of the inmates to death in the trials afterwards) at my current job.  He passed away a few years ago due to medical issues, some as a result of his abuse at the hands of those animals.

Anyway, less I digress into anything even more depressing... enjoy the video.

No comments: