2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, January 11, 2013

So much frustration....

Hey folks... I'm frustrated.

Frustrated with the prolonged assault on our constitutional right to bear arms....

Frustrated to see Hollyweird celebrities being quoted as experts on gun violence after making millions in a film glamorizing gun violence...

Frustrated to see people in positions I have traditionally looked up to saying stupid things....a 4 star general saying there should be no guns in society...a Chicago police chief saying that they will shoot lawful citizens with guns.....

Frustrated with liberals in the media being taken as serious subject matter experts on a topic they are clearly know nothing about....

Frustrated fighting the lame stream media....they see that a teacher talking a student out of shooting more people when the armed guard was away from school is a reason showing how guns in schools aren't the answer...I see a reason we need to ensure we have more than one person with a gun available...

Frustrated in trying to make time to keep this blog running...

Frustrated with it all....

I am tormented by my own governments efforts to erode my rights aided by a sympathetic, elitist culture and the media. The same government that is giving weapons to people who openly oppose our country in Egypt and allowing guns to be sold to Mexican drug cartels and then blaming it on law abiding citizens and gun shop owners. One of the main proponents behind the push is a man who disarmed his own citizens and made no mention of how 2 of his own cities police officers emptied their pistols until slide lock at a criminal, injuring bystanders. Many on the push come from a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the country but still the highest gun crime rates.

And they all have armed security details to protect them and their families.

I'm 44 years old....college educated ..... I work a stable job.... I pay my taxes....I served my country for 21 years in the military to include extended periods of separation from my family.... I contribute to charity... I have had nothing other than a few speeding tickets since I was 18.... AND MY GOVERNMENT IS WORRIED ABOUT MY GUNS?!?!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Ret RedHat said...

"Keep your powder dry". Over 2million FBI backround checks for weapons sales in the past month, over 1 million pmag/magpul AR mags on backorder alone, You are not alone nor the only person awake as to the possible outcomes. I suspect there would be huge fissure in the Military and Law Enforcement ranks on any "orders" to confiscate from J Q Public. We both know our oaths had no expiration date.

Anonymous said...

I hear you there brother.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there man. It's going to get worse before it gets better, but it will get better at some point.

Non illigitimus carborundum