2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, January 17, 2013

NY Legislative Derp....

Well, I have not seen it pointed out directly or actually taken the time to look it up myself, but there are more than a few references to the fact that New York's new AWB that limits magazine capacity to 7 rounds did not specifically exempt LEO personnel from the requirement.  It was apparently asked and verbally verified that it did, but there are some folks looking to make a point I think about how hastily this was rushed into passing by pointing it out. 

You know, I got a grand experiment to try.   Everyone (and I am looking at your Piers Morgan) keeps saying how fucking fabulous England is with its restrictive gun laws.  Hell, even the police over there are not armed normally.  Well, New York City has been effectively disarmed already by the wonder Mayor Bloomberg.  I say we take away their Glock 19's and arm all of the NYPD for a year with billy clubs, to include the mayors security detail and see what happens....you know, just as an experiment.  I wonder how the find people of the Big Apple would feel about their security then.


Getting back on point, again I didn't look the law up specifically because, well to tell you the truth, I really don't give a elephants ass about it, but if anyone could confirm, or debunk this, please let me know.

Kind of funny as hell either way...

No comments: