2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jeep Australia gets in hot water for "sexist pic"

Story here..

The Jeep is an iconic vehicle linked to the past military history of our nation, and many countries outside of the US as well.  Thousands of these lightweight, multipurpose vehicles were built and given to allies of the US during the 40+ years they were in production.  Even the commercial variants which are still being produced still have metallic DNA rooted in these veteran warhorses of yesterday.

This is the picture that Jeep Australia posted suggesting that the Australian military could say money by changing the uniforms of females soldiers to G-Strings and T-shirts....


The only problem I have with the pic is after looking at it multiple times I still can't seem to find a damn jeep!

4 comments:

eiaftinfo said...

I love Jeeps, currently roaming around in a 4-door version of the Jeep Wrangler. Heck of a lot easier on the kidneys than the 2-door!!

My Uncle Ted had a WWII Jeep at his cabin "up north" to plow snow, haul logs, all the things they are so well known for!

I had a bit of a hard time picking out the Jeep in the photo, but persistance paid off and after quite a bit of staring I managed to see it!

Huey said...

numerous sites online for people willing to shell out $$ for a real surplus jeep, to rich for my blood.

MadOgre said...

All I know is that I want a Jeep now.

Huey said...

Especially if it comes equipped "as shown"