2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Brad Pitt...one of us?



“America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don’t feel safe, I don’t feel the house is completely safe, if I don’t have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong.”
                                                                           - Brad Pitt

The above quotation was taken from a recent interview with the Hollweird acting star.  Many in the pro-gun community may take it as a sign he is a right wing political spokesman now.

Is Brad Pitt one of us?  If "us" is a gun loving American you are totally correct, if you expect it to mean he is going to be a card carrying Republican, well I am going to have to disappoint you.  Mr. Pitt is a strong backer of our current President and certainly not a republican.  This just goes to show what I have said for a long while, the 2nd Amendment does not apply just to one section of America, but ALL Americans.  Still, why Brad would back someone with an obvious anti-gun bias when he himself has such opposing views is beyond me, but then again voting based on just one platform position is often dangerous in an of itself.  I will respect both his right to choose whichever candidate he wants as well as his right to exercise the same 2A rights I do. 

Apparently his fiance, Angelina Jolie is also a gun gal as Pitt announced they will be constructing a private shooting range at their home in France as a wedding present to her.  

Jolie's father is actor John Voight, who is a republican by the way...and also a gun guy. 

No comments: