2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, August 24, 2012

Some Ogrish love..

Noticed my page hits spiked a bit on an article I posted a while back...

Over at Madogre.com, George did a piece linking to my post a few weeks back about the brain surgeon that got caught carrying in a theater without a CHL in a "tacticool" bag...  Apparently I am not the only one that thinks that maybe some folks need to think a bit before they get dressed and saunter into public dressed like they hopped out of the pages of a 5.11 catalog.  There are some good comments on his post and also a few of you took notice of mine and have posted some comments here as well...

If you dress like this to go run to the corner market for milk you may be relevant to this post...

Hey, its a free country folks, you do what you want, and if you are lucky enough to live in rural Arizona or other such places where firearms are really embraced go ahead and live it up.  There is an old Chinese saying in Sun Tzu's The Art of War..."in deep ground plunder, in focal ground ally"...basically where you have no other choice go big, but where you may be at odds with your neighbors or trying to avoid conflict step quietly and try and get along.   Here where I live although we have a fairly strong 2nd Amendment landscape in the state, in certain areas (mainly the liberally controlled cities like Columbus) firearms ownership and culture is often at odds with many residents.  In this environment I like to show that I am a supporter of my rights while not exactly shoving it everyone's face, so to speak.  I get enough of that from some of the liberal platforms in my community and don't wish that on others.

As always, your mileage and opinion may vary.

Thanks for the link love Ogre...

6 comments:

Huey said...

Oh and Say Uncle also posted it too...missed that, thanks Uncle!

Anonymous said...

Yep, in full agreement here - though, geek that I am, I do love and wear 5.11 pants cause no other pant lets me carry all my computer crap to a customers place like their Tac Lite Pro pants. And their shirts do a great job covering my IWB carry holster . . . .

OMG . . . .

I'm THAT guy!! :)

Good post sir. ( Fortunately, I don't carry a tactical man-purse)

Huey said...

The article George linked to actually had a link to an earlier post I did about the subject....

http://hueysgunsight.blogspot.com/2012/07/our-uniform-in-2a-arena.html

I state in there, that by themselves, one or two pieces of clothing or gear don't necessarily make you a marked man, in this guys case one bag did though.

I have some 5.11 cargo shorts that I love because of the material and elastic around the waist makes them comfortable, worn with sandals and a Hard Rock t-shirt they look just fine in public...

As for tactical pants being used for other professions, you betcha...just take a look at paramedics or some computer techs..

I work in IT too...

We are both THAT guy....

eiaftinfo said...

Just FYI, the Anonymous post came from me - not sure why it didn't capture my ID.

Huey said...

ah...you got some good stuff over at your site...don't be surprised to see some link love from yours truly back your way...

Huey said...

A LOT of good stuff...