2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, August 27, 2012

From the Irony Files....Jacquie's Shell gets a.... gun store?

A few months ago I posted an open letter to a gas station on Polaris Parkway here in Columbus about not only what I thought was poor customer service, but also the fact that their posting of a "No Guns Allowed" sign had actually caused me to take my business elsewhere...

Well, I had pretty much moved on with my life until a few days ago when I got the following comment on the post in my inbox....

"Anonymous said...

I drive past there every day and notice that there is a small building behind the station right in front of Quaker Steak and Lube that appears to be a gun shop? I forget the name and haven't had time to investigate. Anyone know of this? (would be kinda ironic, huh?)"



Well, a quick trip to this gas station this weekend found this in the back of it....
Not a real original name but wth...

Apparently, the owners (new?) are converting the old car wash in the place to a gun store.  I went inside and asked the clerk and they confirmed that this was indeed the case.  Also, the "No Guns Allowed" signage from the front door was gone as well.  

I doubt if I can take credit to helping to change the owner's minds on the entire 2nd Amendment thing but I am glad to see another small battle won in any case.  With a new Cabela's going in up the road from this place and a Dick's Sporting Goods already down the road, maybe we will have some decent choices and competition in the area.

...and in related news, went to Gander Mountain for the first time on Saturday...one word...expensive!

6 comments:

Thernlund said...

Repost: http://arizonagunowners.com/index.php/topic,1004.0.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Huey...
Gander Mtn will price match competitor prices on guns. I just picked up a S&W M&P22 pistol for what Vance's in Columbus had it on sale for....saved $70

Huey said...

Well that's good to know ...but I was talking more about boxes of .45 being $8 -$10 higher than at Vance's or even blackwing

Anonymous said...

On the way home today I noticed the sign on the front of the little gun shop has been removed...

Anonymous said...

Anyone have a phone number for this place?

Huey said...

Don't bother trying to call...the gun store never happened and this place never seems to be open