2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, August 31, 2012

Clint Eastwood at the RNC

Dirty Harry
I generally do not go into politics more than I have to on this blog as I have always maintained that the 2nd Amendment doesn't just apply to one political ideology but to ALL Americans.  But then again I believe that I have also stated that generally speaking, folks on the right/Republican/conservative side of the isle generally get my vote in November and often due to positions showing positive support for RKBA.

Kelly's Heroes
Last night at the Republican National Convention (which sadly for Ellen Barkin did not get washed into the ocean) actor and director Clint Eastwood gave a mostly unscripted speech as the "mystery speaker" at the convention before Mitt Romney took the stage to accept the parties nomination for the POTUS.  Some had speculated anyone from a hologram of President Reagan to Ted Nugent as the speaker (and God knows what Uncle Ted would of spouted!), but ultimately a veteran and award winning member of "Hollywierd" was given the task of warming up the audience for the main attraction.  The 82 year old actor seemed to ramble at times and stumble with his message, but he was still Clint Eastwood by God, and people listen to him despite whatever comes out of his mouth!!


Clint is one of my all time favorite movie actors and the films I have enjoyed him in are too numerous to mention but the pics I have posted here give you somewhat of a clue...and yes, I did watch The Bridges of Madison County and Million Dollar Baby.

Heartbreak Ridge

Gran Torino

The Outlaw Josie Wales (arguably his best role)

No comments: