2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, June 8, 2012

An open letter to Jacquie's Shell, Polaris Parkway in Columbus

Suck it.

Your store is right near the exit ramp on a road that is not only off a major interstate but also right where one of the cites premier shopping areas and largest employer also resides.  In addition I would guesstimate that probably 5,000 - 7,000 cars pass by your station every day, twice, during rush hour.  This being so, I would expect you to flourish as a business.   You have done quite the opposite, bad pavement in the parking log, pumps falling apart and a crappy store are but some of your downfalls.  Apparently, I am not the only one that thinks quite lowly of you.


Yesterday morning on my way to work I was running low on fuel.  Despite not really wanting to stop at your location I did so since it seemed to be the quickest and most direct way to get what I needed and onto work.  Well I went to go into your store around 7:49 AM and the door was locked...not only locked but the guy inside just watched as I attempted to open the door.  Then I noticed the no weapons sign.  I understand at one time you had a US Post Office counter there and that this was appropriate.  Why now though may I ask?  I walked away to my truck.  As I was leaving your attendant opened the door and try to motion me in to which I replied "No thanks, I'll take my money elsewhere".

Here is the receipt for the $24.40 I spent at BP ($23.40 actually with a charity donation).  Its not a lot, but its more than I spent at your place and more than the other ZERO patrons at your store at the time spent.

no donut jokes please...

You know, despite some reservations I do often patronize places with "no weapons allowed" signs on them when it does suit me and I do not feel any particular threat.  Many in the 2A arena will argue that you don't always know when you will need a CCW, and this is true.  However, my choice to carry is based on risk and threat assessments I make everywhere I go.  To tell you honestly, at that time I may have actually gone back and locked my pistol in my truck and came back in...but then again with the level of service that I generally get there I let my feet (and dollars) decide to do the talking.  So basically, bad service and facilities may have gotten my dollars...compile a no weapons policy with it (or visa versa) and its "adios"  for me and my money.

Many in the 2A community will constantly avoid places with signs like yours.  I would just like to point out that a store so closely located to major roads in the business that you are in are often the targets of robbery. When "Cracky the Crackhead" or "Melvin the Methhead" come in and point a pistol in your face I hope you remember that they didn't give a damn about your sign outside, but a licensed, trained and background checked individual did for entirely different reasons.

Now I feel better....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be glad you didn't have to stop on Schrock rd , 161 or Morse Rd

Huey said...

actually Household-6 and I used to live down by Karl and Schrock...hence moving to Lewis Center for the same concerns you raise..

Mister Mills said...

Dump the place, it sounds futile to hope.

Mister Mills said...

It sounds like a dump and I would give up on the place.
I am easy-going and i give people chances, but after all that?
I would not go back.

Anonymous said...

I drive past there every day and notice that there is a small building behind the station right in front of Quaker Steak and Lube that appears to be a gun shop? I forget the name and haven't had time to investigate. Anyone know of this? (would be kinda ironic, huh?)

Huey said...

I have no idea? I will have to check that out later tonight...

Anonymous said...

Even funnier - if you look at the satellite photo of the building I am talking about, it appears to have been the drive thru car wash for that gas station - they own/owned the building!

http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.140559,-82.976223&spn=0.001081,0.002401&t=h&z=19

Huey said...

Yep sure is....check out my post from earlier today ...