2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little excitement....

Had a bit of excitement here in Cbus today.... a suspicious bag or package was discovered outside of the building I work in that caused a partial evacuation while the boys from the bomb squad and their canine comrades went to work for a couple of hours.  Turned out all they did was detonate some poor homeless guys bag of clothes it appears. Anyway, when I heard about it my co-worker and I were going down to the dock area of the building to receive some printers that were being delivered when we heard the news.  The security guy said that they were only evacuating the lower portion of the building and we should go back up if we wanted.  What?

OK, honestly we went back up briefly to grab our keys and such and to let other people know what was going on (wrong in so many ways, I know), but the first thing that came to mind when he told us that was Rick Rescorla, or more precisely what I thought was that on 9/11when the first plane hit and the folks in the other tower were told to stand fast, Rick Rescorla said "screw that" and got his people out.  And I got "my people" out!

Now of course nothing came of the incident but just because it was a false alarm this time doesn't mean next time the game won't be on then either.   In a way it was good to see how this went down so I know what to expect if this happens again.  I am not going to give away anything I saw that I thought was bad that could be improved of just in case the wrong people may look at this blog, but needless to say there is room for improvement.   I can tell you this though, mostly what I saw was complacency.  A bunch of people that have had no first had experience with this type of event just milling around sight seeing.  Bunched up, easy targets for a secondary device.  That's always a favorite tactic of bombers...plant a small diversionary device to explode and cause some havoc that brings both gawkers and first responders together and then detonate a second primary blast when they are all huddled around their first event.  I am not telling you something here our enemy already doesn't know.  I consider us fortunate that our homeland has not had to put of with this type of activity that this behavior is an issue.  But with many silver linings, there is a black cloud hovering nearby.

And as I type this tonight I see another underwear bombing has been foiled by the CIA.  Stay vigilant folks, just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't still out to get us.

Note ** Hey sorry, just noticed this didn't auto publish at 7:30am today...I had it set for PM by accident, oops!

No comments: