2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, April 27, 2012

Shooting Trap...without the shotgun!

Hello my name is Pete and I'm a Cleveland Browns fan....

There, got that off of my chest...I hate the city itself and its leadership but I have been a fan of its Football and Baseball teams since the 80's when a few of my college room mates duct taped me in a chair with my eyes forced open for an entire NFL season to watch Bernie Kosar and Ernest Byner almost go all the way...

For those not sports inclined or living under a rock, yesterday was the NFL draft where scores of young players from the NCAA and some other routes try and get hired by NFL teams in a painfully long process totally over analyzed by ESPN.  My Browns chose Trent Richardson in their first pick - which I am happy about because I would rather have a couple of studs in my backfield that a good quarterback could reliably hand off to than a great quarterback back their with mediocre receivers to try and hook up some yardage.  Also, as you would recall from last week, Richardson is the kind of guy that you would be proud to have your daughter take to prom...I still do place a high level of importance in the character of the athletes our youth put on a pedestal.

The 2nd pick for the Browns in the 1st round was a "not-so-young" quarterback named Brandon Weeden from Oklahoma State.  The 28 year old quarterback played for a few years professional baseball as a pitcher before returning to college to break several records at OSU and surprising many of us on draft day.  Apparently those years as a pitchers in the major leagues has given him a pretty good arm.

I love to shoot trap, although I don't do it as often as I would like.  Brandon Weeden likes to take out clay pigeons also...but instead of a shotty...he uses a football...prepared to be in awe...


Wow  is all I can say...I feel bad for our current QB Colt McCoy - a damn good QB in his own right who got beat up last year playing for us -  but I have never seen a video like that of Colt McCoy...

No comments: