2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A feel good story that doesn't involve guns...

Normally I don't post much that doesn't have to do with firearms, the gun culture, the military or 2nd Amendment issues...but this story is just too cool to pass up...especially since College football is the one sport that I do love to watch.

A 17 years old Alabama girl who has been battling cancer since November 2010 completed her goal of beating back the disease in time to go to the prom...problem was nobody asked her to go.  To the rescue comes Alabama running back Trent Richardson - whose own mother is battling cancer.  How you can watch this and not get a little lump in your throat is beyond me...especially if you are a father with a daughter like myself...


Truly a class act by this young man and future NFL star...I won't say it often but I will give a "Roll Tide" for that act of kindness shown to this young lady.

Oh, and yeah, I guess the school she attends is HUEYtown High School...so there is that...

BTW, speaking of 'Bama...looks like they needed a broom and dustpan recently...lol

No comments: