2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, March 12, 2012

We won a small battle...

Remember my post on the anti-gunner Monika?


She was the Polish woman living here that thought it would be a great idea to rewrite our Constitution and remove all references to the 2nd Amendment since it was an "outdated concept" in here view.  I came across pretty harshly to here in that exchange but felt I had a right to as she was not an American citizen and taking liberties with my freedoms in her views.

Well, I found out via my Facebook bud Erik who knows here that she went out and got a gun!  Not just a gun, but a Glock 19...the same evil, black gun used in the Arizona and Virginia Tech shootings.  The G19 is my personal favorite among the Glock family of pistols.  Its a good combination of size and firepower to meet a variety of needs, from a home defense pistol to a CCW weapon.  The 9mm is much maligned in certain circles, but as you know by reading my blog I think it is more than adequate for doing the job asked of it as long as considerations to gun utilized and the rounds power and bullet design are taken into consideration...ie, use +P rounds (if possible) with a bonded hollow point bullet.


Apparently her husband and others compelled her to revisit her views.  According to Erik even my little tirade contributed to the change.

Well done Monika and welcome to our point of view.

1 comment:

JesseL said...

Wow, wonders never cease.

Here's hoping she gets some quality instruction, regular practice, and never has to use it 'for real'.