2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just a tidbit..."unofficially" we hit 500,000 page views..

The "official" counter says we're at 386,052 but the cumulative reported hits on the stat page is at 500,055.

That's kind of cool.  Now the "official" counter on the blog to the right there will probably hit half a million sometime early this summer (averaging between around 1,400 page views a day) and when it does I will have another contest of some sort, but for now I just kind of have to sit back and enjoy the moment here.

I know a lot of those hits are search engines and stuff linking to pics I have posted and linked here, but still I see that I am getting enough page views on posts and seeing some of my stuff talked about on other forums and and Facebook to keep this interesting enough to keep going to a million.

And just to let everyone know, I am going to start back up the "Huey's Manly Movies" posts that I gave up on after a month or so because I did not get any feedback.  Somebody actually posted about Kevin McKidd in Dog Soldiers...so the show will go on.  Look for an especially poignant listing this week...a movie that I am requiring all of my readers to watch...OK, requesting, but really you will want to watch it if you haven't already.

Another new segment will start on Monday that I have been working on at night for a bit trying to get a few posts done up and ready to go...it will serve as the front bookend to the week against the Manly Movies Friday Bookend.  As you may have noticed I have pretty much gone away from blogging on the weekends save for a occasional item here and there.

As always thanks to those that take the time to post a reply to something here, whether you agree or disagree with me I appreciate you communicating back to me.  The only replies I will not post are those that are obviously marketing bots crawling through and anything I think is a direct attack at a personal level against another poster or of an obscene, prejudicial or otherwise inflammatory or libel manner.  Luckily, all I have had to deal with are bots up to this point.


1 comment:

JesseL said...

Bravo! Personally, I think you've got one of the most consistently interesting and entertaining gun blogs around.