2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Got a new toy, surprise its not another rifle...

Of course we all know guns are not toys....

Bought myself an iPad 2 through a purchase program at work.  I have been working with them at work for the past few months and with the iPhone in the pocket it seemed like a logical step considering I think that they are fantastic devices and I love the styling.  Here it is at lunch today being used to read the new book about Glock I talked about last month (btw, I did not win a copy, I bought this iBooks copy)


Other apps are available for the gun type crowd including ballistic calculators, shot timers and firearm simulators..such as this little app (its free with a few pistols, but you need to pay for more guns)..

video

Cool, huh?

Anyway, what good is a tech toy with out a "tactical case" to carry it in...you know, in case you have to fight a cyber war or something.. so I bought one of these Maratac Tac-Pad cases from Contycomm of course...


It seems pretty cool, I like the soft inside and the nylon exterior, I am not going to be low crawling or anything like that but would like a carrier for it so I don't scratch the exterior while in another bag with magazines and what not flying around in it.  I like the Maratac stuff I have gotten from Countycomm before, all of it is quality made and rugged, and they have some other neat stuff on their site.  The also have their own demo on YouTube of the case and all the reviews I can find for it are postive....plus its was only $16.50...compare that to other cases on the market..win.



A fool and his money I tell ya....

4 comments:

The Zombie Hunter said...

now that is a man purse I'd be proud to own!

Adam said...

Pocket for iPad body armor?

Comfortably Numb said...

Outstanding - I bought an ipad last week and the first thing I did was buy the Glock book. Finished reading it over the weekend. Keep us updated on the apps you find. Great book and great ipad - enjoy them both.

Huey said...

thanks...another book I have to get is the book "The Gun" by C.J. Chivers about the AK...it was on my "too read" list in hard print but I never got to it....