2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, January 6, 2012

My 1903....Barry Pepper Style


Got a chance to go shooting at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio this past weekend with two old friends from my Operation Noble Eagle days at Ft. Knox...Major Chris and SFC Pat (last names withheld to protect the innocent).  Had a good time, got to get the first rounds downrange with the 1903...at $44 a box of 20 rounds for "acceptable" .30-06 on the range I didn't get to shoot it much, especially since I also had to feed the M1. It functioned pretty much like I thought it would...perfect.  The action with rounds in the weapon is as smooth as it is empty.  Since I shoot left handed I cycled the weapon "Barry Pepper" style (from Saving Private Ryan), reaching over the stock to cycle the action....sorry for the noise in the video, #1 its a range and #2 had a bunch of yahoos a few lanes over acting like idiots telling each other how cool they were and what great shooters they were hitting "more or less" COM at 10 feet!



No comments: