2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, January 9, 2012

More on Glock: The Arise of America's Gun

Got a comment posted this evening from a woman going by "tvlady" who said she was the wife of Paul Barrett, the author of the Glock book that ENDO is giving 11 copies away that I posted of a few days ago..  Her comments are in the original post for you to read, but she included a link to the Amazon sales page for the book (its in the comments as an unlinked URL) and this video, which I watched...you should too...
"...how it became the Google of the gun market..."  I like that analogy...

Coming out of the gate he makes a remark that you would think a Jew from New York would be anti gun, and for a large number of people, you would be right.  While I do realize that many people fitting that description would normally be associated with leftist politics that normally do not favor gun ownership I do not try and lay this label on people.  I have stated on more than one occasion on this blog that I consider the 2nd Amendment a right applied to ALL citizens regardless of political affiliation and still stand by this.  It was recently reported somewhere (sorry cannot recall the source or the exact percentage) that 40+% of people identifying themselves as democrats own guns.  Matter of fact, our last governor in Ohio was a pro-gun democrat and of the members of "the posse" that I often shoot with I would probably be called "the liberal" of the bunch.  I strongly believe it the 2nd amendment which gives us the power to defend the fact that we do have different political views to speak out in support of and don't have to read from someones little red book as "the party" dictates.  Just so we are clear on that...

I like what he says in this video.  Gaston Glock's story is full of interesting details and violence to be sure.  What I think I might like about this book is it does not seem to be written by your typical "gunnie".  Paul states that he has maybe been to the range shooting 20 times in his life, most recently in conjunction with this book.  Hell, I hit the range 20 or more times a year and bet a lot of you do to.   He does not seem to have a whole lot of bias or preconceptions being dragged into his writing and is indeed (according to his remarks) writing a book for both the pro and anti crowd.

Personally, I am going to wait and see if I won one of the copies from ENDO's contest before I buy it from Amazon or another bookseller, but either way I probably will have this book read before the end of Spring.

Thanks for the video link tvlady!

No comments: