2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

C&R wish list


Not much new to report on the pending (hopefully ;-}  ) C&R license.  I got the application back in December because I failed to initial some blocks (attention to detail private!!) but other than that still waiting.  With my acquisition of the 1903 I have thought about what guns I will want to add first to the collection....

Came up with a "short" list...


  • M-1 Carbine...my "Holy Grail" for my gun locker right now...God willing the Koreans and the POTUS will help me out on this one...
  • Polish P-64 9x18 pistol...cheap and relatively useful if you exchange the springs apparently as a CCW
  • Tokarev T-33 7.62x25 ....cool 1911 inspired knockoff...relatively cheap...good ballistic performance
  • M1985 Nagant pistol.....real cheap...to go with my Mosin...speaking of which...
  • 91/30 Mosin rifle....$80 - $90? Get two....
  • Mauser 98k....had one...got rid of it...regret it ....correct this...
  • S&W "Victory" model .38 revolver...like the one former President George HW Bush carried as a Navy pilot in WW2...not exactly cheap but doable...plus its a S&W revolver..
  • CZ-82 pistol...another Eastern European service pistol available since the great commie going out of business sale of the 90's....


Now, if I only had a big pile o' cash....

4 comments:

Adam said...

Just picked up a 1943 Mosin 91/30, very impressed with first range time. Standing fire grouping of 2" the norm, and that was just messing around. Can't wait to bench it, see how tight it can get. My shoulder will appreciate it.

For $80-100 it's by far the best deal in milsurps. Period.

Huey said...

OK, that settles it..picking up another this week..thanks Adam!

Adam said...

Believe we call it "enabling" :-)

Also consider an M38 or M44. Nothing like having a portable fireball generator.

Huey said...

I have got the M44 already, looking to add a regular 90/30 to the locker.