2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Things I hate in movies #4 - Sights? We don't need no sights!

Long holiday weekend behind me, I hope you enjoyed yours!

Sights are such pesky things on firearms, don't you think?  I know the folks in Hollywieird think so...because you never really see anyone use them.  Part of it is that if an actor actually uses the sights on a rifle or handgun they will obscure their faces to the camera...not good to a producer that may be paying millions to the actor to use that face in their film.  Also, firing from the hip seems so much more cooler I guess...

Come on folks...sights are there for a reason.  I know people that have a hard time shooting a tight group using that set of sights on their weapon, let alone winging it.  A long while ago I did an article based on point shooting that I gave some credit to using in limited circumstances.  In the other 98% of circumstance using the sights is still the proper method to use.  Not only do you ensure you know where that round is going (Rule #4 again!) but also think about it...if using the sights was so slow and ineffective wouldn't it reason then that  all of the major competitors in the shooting sports NOT use them?  Well, guess what...they DO use them!  So should you!

Now, Commando again with the Arnoldator...with AC/DC to rock out to...hip shooting extraordinaire here..


No comments: