2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More Camp Arifjan memories...

A Facebook friend, Charles, posted this about a ceremony at Camp Arifjan where a worn Kuwaiti flag was taken down and a new one put up.  It is supposed to show how united the Americans and Kuwaitis are.  I always found the Kuwait people to be nice, if not a bit aloof whenever we interacted with them in Kuwait City.  Regardless, there is a strong relationship in place that will keep Arifjan in play in the region for years to come.


 In the video you notice that green grass?  That is the biggest patch of green stuff on the ground over there.  Its special to me because I got my arse chewed off by some Sergeant Major walking on it to take a picture of that great big 3rd Army "A" on the ground in the middle of it.  I just tippy toed over to take a decent pic and this E9 comes out of the building and just totally laid into me about being on "their" grass and to GTFO of "their" AO.  "Their" AO?  Last time I checked I was producing data for them.  Its like Spicoli in Fast Times at Rigemont High...if I'm  here , and you're here...doesn't that make this OUR AO?  Oh well, I get to wear the CENTCOM patch for my "wartime unit" patch anyway...not like I get a chance to wear it mind you.

"Sergeant Major, you dick!"

The funny thing about Charles, the guy that posted this on FaceBook, is that we have never met but he did the exact same job as me in the same office over there 2 tours before me...so basically he trained the person who turned around and trained me...small world.

No comments: