2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Evil Black Rifle isn't so black anymore....

OK, I can kiss the ol' "Black Mamba" moniker good bye...did a little camo job on the AR tonight....

Maybe I was impressed with the way the color on the CETME turned out when I got it back from the welders, maybe I liked the camo your weapon section of Every Citizen a Soldier a bit too much or maybe I have just been playing COD too much where you can customize your weapons paint scheme at will...whatever...

Its Krylon Camo green with "Fusion technology" in it...pretty good stuff, its actually the same can the welder used on the CETME, he gave me what was left.  I sprays on well...it went on a little heavy in a few spot, my fault not the paint...dry to the touch in 15 minutes, ready to use in a few hours and fully cured in a week or so I think.  I read a pamphlet the Army put out about painting rifles and followed its prep guidelines and then just sprayed some striped across the rifle at an angle.  I envisioned it having a bit more black in it but I think it looks pretty decent as is.  I think it does a pretty good job of breaking up the outline of the rifle and the green is definitely more in tune with the foliage around these parts than black.  The magazine is a Magpul P-Mag in Army foliage green in case you are wondering (yes its loaded but I don't have the bolt in the weapon and this is just for the picture, mag locked away now thank you.).

 I even took the EOTech cover off and did it as well.  I am removing the rubber lens cover I bought for it for simplicity's sake and may go without the forward grip as well.  The one rail on the side for my light stays but the top one may go as Magpul now makes a sling point that attaches to the MOE handguards without using a rail.  Rails are great....if you have stuff to put on them, if not I like a clean look.