2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, October 14, 2011

COD: MW3 trailer and a little secret....

Found this trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on ENDO today....


Man, that looks sweet.  I have not been gaming long on the Xbox, nor do I get to do it that often, nor am I very good.....hmmmmm...why does this excite me? Probably because I'me a guy.  Available 11/8/11.

Looks like one scene around 0:50 in the clip seems to be a hijacking of Air Force One.  Unbeknownst to most of you, I am part of what is commonly known as "the Hollywood elite".  No not really but I did have a small part in a movie.  Yep, little ol' me has been in a major motion picture before......as an extra.  Remember the 1997 film "Air Force One" starring Harrison Ford and Glenn Close?  Part of the film was shot here in Ohio up at the Mansfield Correctional Institute (also made famous for its supposed ghostly inhabitants) and down at Rickenbacker Air National Guard base here in Columbus.  The film was looking for qualified extras for the part of the film where the plane tries to land in Germany and then takes off right after the hijackers take over the rear of the plane (they break in, kill the pilots and then take control of course) and the Ohio National Guard just so happened to have a large presence in Columbus.  The call went out for anyone available to step up as part of our public affairs plan and many of us, both full time AGR (like myself at the time) and part time, showed up.  I got paid the princely sum of $125 a day for a week to show up at 5pm and leave around 7am the next morning.  They liked us because most of us looked the part (duh) and came with our own uniforms.  They handed us a BDU top with Air Force patches sewn onto it (ug) and gave us rubber rifles, plastic kevlar helmets (weighing about a third of the real helmet!).  Really just sat and walked around most of the time when they told us too in order to be part of the background.  One night did nothing but run 100 yard dashes for the scene where the plane races along a row of parked C-141's and people are running at it...that was me among the hundreds of others...Same thing with the scene where a bunch of Hummers race along a runway after the escaping jet...I am one of the folks sitting in the back of the trucks....(at about 1:04 in the video trailer below)...so yeah, you can say I am something of a movie star and such....NOT!



Anyway, COD: MW3...cool.....Air Force One....cool...

No comments: