2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Poppin’ smoke for a few…

To Pop smoke: Military slang for leaving, as in popping a smoke grenade to cover the action of your egress from an area.

By the time you read this I will probably be somewhere on Interstate 70 East of Columbus getting ready to cross into West Virginia.

Headed to the Washington DC area starting today for the weekend to have a memorial service for my Great-Aunt Elinor, who recently passed.  I am going to try and do a little sight seeing in DC while we are there on Sunday.  I am suspecting that much of it may be shut down not only due to the earthquake/hurricane thing, but that some areas will be cordoned off so that security teams can start to sweep them prior to next weekends 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.  Also going to try and hook up with a friend from deployment and her husband (who was also on our deployment) on the way back. 

Maybe a brief post from the iPhone, maybe not.  Regular posting to resume next week.

Have a safe and happy Labor day weekend!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was assigned to MDW in the 80's. On days I wasn't flying an airplane I was flying on of the "white top" Hueys one sees on the low level routes around D.C. Every citizen should be able to see our capital as we were able to see it. Couldn't pay me enough, though, to walk those mean streets. Enjoy your trip, Alemaster