2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

One rifle up, one rifle down, and some misc. stuff...

Well, not much to post, sorry.  Just in a general "meh" mode on writing right now.  Got some updates on a few goings on around Casa De Huey for you though....

The CETME is definitely up!  Going to test fire it tomorrow just to make sure but I think we have a "GO" on it.  I removed the clamp on rail mount I had the scope mounted on because I noticed it was slightly off center and immediately noticed the bolt would go forward harder? Strange but I have heard those clamp on mounts may do that.  I guess this will be a iron sight rifle after all.  I also got the green G3 stock on it finally for a pic opportunity.  Going to have to figure out what to replace to keep it on in order to maintain its 922r compliance.   Also going to test out some of the $1 G3 mags tomorrow to figure out which ones work right off the bat.  I will probably just keep those and give the remaining mags away.

 Its now so green I have started calling it "The Jolly Green Giant"

The Ruger 10/22 is not so much up... Well, after waiting for almost a month to hear back from Ruger I got a call earlier this week from them asking for a response to their email.  I was like "what email?", apparently they had gotten it wrong when they entered it.  Well, I got the email and what it read shocked me.  I sent the rifle in due to a bad barrel...and the letter said my receiver was broken beyond repair and that they would be replacing it for me (at no charge as a good will gesture) and shipping it to a FFL so I could fill out paperwork for the new serial number.  At first I was like "WTH?" but then I found out through some folks that Ruger is well known for stripping a rifle down to factory parts and making it like new before shipping back.  I was pissed a bit to think I might lose some of my custom parts, but at least I will have a working rifle again for an Appleseed.

So again..

What I stared with...


This is what was wrong....

 And this is what is being done about it...
Man, I hope I don't lose that stock or barrel....

 
The Posse is shooting tomorrow!  Going to go hang with "the gang" of folks that I get together with a couple of times a year for a camp out / range day type event.  Most of the usual suspects will be in attendance including my friend Mark who is currently stationed in Korea with the Marines.  He has got some killer 1911's stored back here in the states for him by another friend of ours, including this little gem that I got to meat paw last Friday..

 Schwinggg!!!

Its a custom commander sized 1911 based on a Chip McCormick slide with a trigger to die for.  .I am hoping it makes a showing this time around at the range!  Problem will be if I do get to shoot it I will probably want to relegate my Regent R100 1911 to a doorstop or something after being spoiled....

Also, I made a patch for the "Posse" based on some ideas from the members and am going to present it tomorrow....
"Armus et Licens" = Armed and Free....

Cool DVD's, great price!  Picked up the entire Victory at Sea and 3 of the 4 volumes of Crusade In The Pacific for 25 cents a piece in a bargain bit at a local party store.  What they were doing there I have not the foggiest idea but for $1.75 for all 7 DVD's I think that is a pretty good deal.  Way back before the Military Channel and History Channel had military themed shows on 24x7, Victory At Sea did it old school and in many ways, IMHO, did it best.  It will be good to see the entire series again in order after not having watched them in probably over a decade at this point.



Huey out....

No comments: