2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, September 1, 2011

More on Deputy Butterbean….

OK, I like the show…no, its not the most intense or gritty crime show on TV and I think that’s what I like about it. Small town values and a real honest to goodness feeling of doing something for the right reason to make a difference make the Bean a show I like to watch. Sure, I think it’s a bit silly the way Bean comes on every now and then and basically recaps what you have just seen in words a 4th grader could understand but how in the hell do you not like him as a person, even from across the boundaries of cable TV?

Now, to me the real star of the show is his partner Adam. Once again I reiterate that Adam is the brains of the pair, not that Bean is stupid or anything, quite the opposite actually – you don’t get as famous as Bean by being stupid. Adam is the guy that without him the show would not have any credibility. He My liking him on the show is in no small part due to the Army PT shirt he has worn on the show.

On the most recent episode Bean had his weapon qualification with his Glock. I just wanted to scream at the TV in parts…”Bean release the slide with your non-firing hand and not the slide lock!!”…. “Bean! get that weapon into your “workspace” while reloading” …..”Bean! Faster!!” Still he qualified which is what is important I guess…..

Again, I will be checking back in with Jasper, Alabama to see how our boy the Butterbean does!

No comments: