2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, September 30, 2011

Making good better....

Alright, the term "leaving well enough alone" is normally not spoken when talking about me and my guns....the CETME is proof enough of that!

Tomorrow I am taking the Regent 1911 to a gunsmith to have a few "extras" added. Actually, nothing radical at all. Having a Wilson "drop in" beavertail safety, trigger, sear and hammer put on. "Drop in" is a relative term, I tried to install them myself and it was a mess. The hammer would not cat h on the regular sear, hence the Wilson sear....and it fits it so tight that the hammer would not fall. The hammer would not even fit through the opening in the frame...it's not that big of a deal but it would be nice to have. I will let a professional do it for me right!

Also, I have a 10-8 improved GI rear sight that has a wider notch than the nearly non-existent one on there now. That should greatly enhance aiming!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: