2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, September 12, 2011

CETME reveiver is back....one "little" issue though...

OK, got my receiver back from the welders on Friday after having the brass deflector permanently put on in order to avoid knocking someone unconscious by the brass ejecting at close the speed of sound directly to the guns 3 o'clock....looks like a good weld job and he even surprised my by painting it a flat green color which will look pretty good when matched with black furniture, but there was one little problem.....it doesn't work.

Apparently the upper receiver was probably viced to be worked on and now the bolt group hangs up in it instead of going forward to seat a round.  That's not good.  Not going after the welder here, I mean I took the thing to a welder and not a gunsmith for crying out loud.  I called the welder and he is going to take a look at it with me later this week.  The nice thing about this goof is its making me take a good hard look at the rifle and how it works. 

More info later, this will work out though....

looks good on there....

nice paint job on the upper, black stock and trigger group will look good on there...bonus, the paint caused the rear sight not to flip so easy onto other settings, something that bothered me...



2 comments:

Mad Ogre said...

Who did this work?

Huey said...

local welder that has a shop down the road from me. Nice guy who knew what I was looking to do, he ground down the lip the of port so the deflector would fit on their properly. I can't get it to him until my wife comes back from a business trip so I am going to see him later this week with the bolt in hand and get it fixed. I don't have anything on my limited workbench to do anything with it.