2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, September 2, 2011

CETME is in “the shop”…

Got a package today in the mail.  Remember that ejection pattern problem I had with the CETME? The one that was rooted in brass ejecting to the side of the weapon at 1000 mph? Well this little gizmo should fix that permanently….

cetmebrass2

It’s a G3 brass deflector.   The fit of it on the CETME ejection port leaves a bit to be desired as is, it seems the folks at CAI have a bit of a lip on the edge of the port whereas the G3 does not appear to have that.  I have asked the welder I dropped it off to grind that lip down before they attach the deflector.  After its said and done I hope for it to look thus…

cetmebrass

I had a removable deflector on there before that snapped over the top of the rifle and did the same function, problem is that it interfered with me putting a scope mount on the rifle.  At twice the cost of a 5.56 round, I want every .308 round I put downrange to go where I aim it…my eyes are just not that good enough anymore to trust that to without a scope!

Both “port buffers” are available from http://robertrtg.com/, who has a whole mess of goodies for your G3/CETME.

More info later after I get it back.

No comments: