2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, August 1, 2011

Somebody please awake me from this nightmare...

I was dreaming that Army marksmanship has dropped to such a level that standards are slipping...what, OMG WTH!!!



Seriously WTH? I am hoping this clip if taken into a larger context of what was NOT seen will show that these young soldiers were not just shooting "6 rounds in the same area" and being told that they QUALIFIED! Hopefully this is just them being taught the fundamentals and steady hold factors so that all of their rounds go to the same POI regardless of their POA and adjusting sights to make these two points the same is next...if not....

Either way PVT Chung there seems to be having way too much fun to be at the basic training I remember from my youth 25 years ago....

Rifle marksmanship training in the Army has never been as well defined or practiced as in the Marine Corps, but in the past we still had some standards higher than this for crying out loud...I guess that is just the new army vs the old army (me!)....we had to march to our ranges uphill...both ways...in the snow without boots over sharp rocks.....

I guess it could be worse...read somewhere the other day about guys in the Navy and Air Force being qualified on weapons that they had never actually held after reading manuals or watching a video or some crap like that...

No comments: