2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, August 12, 2011

"New" Ohio license plate honors GWOT service...

Saw this today....


Pretty cool, last time I got plates for my truck they didn't have any GWOT specific plates yet. Now that I look at the sight, Ohio has about 35 military designs for license plates available, with some in multiple variations for service. WW2, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Paratrooper, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and the list goes on... Man, that's a lot of plates!

And that is only military plates. There are well 70+ other designs it looks like from everything from you Alma Mater, scenic rivers, Freemasons, Lake Erie, Smokey the Bear, certain honorary fraternities and a variety of other interests under the sun. Makes me wonder....

As much as I like my US Army veteran plate on my truck I wonder if all of these different plates being available is an unnecessary cost for our state to bear. I would be totally happy with a simple "one size fits all" veteran plate if that helps simplify and flat line some costs associated with running the BMV. Just a suggestion, not that I want to piss off other vets that like their specialty plates, just thinking bottom line....

No comments: