2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Samurai Glock...

Ever heard of a "mall ninja"? Those are the guys running around on with excess tactical gear when not needed and have stories of badassery not feasible by the laws of physics or time. They will tell you with a straight face about "greasing" 10 taliban at 400 yards with their issue M9 with special rounds that were developed for their special commando unit. There is also usually a plethora of blades carried for shot as well. I found what if probably the best definition of the type on a website called Lonely Machines..

The Mall Ninja is easily distinguished by an abundance of “tactical” gear, such as fatigues, a thigh holster (with, of course, a Glock), combat boots, bandolier and other accouterments that you’d usually only see on a SWAT operative. Median age is usually 19-25, and they tend to boast about their various exploits with certain Special Forces units, all of which they’re too young and idiotic to have joined (real Special Forces types don’t brag). They typically have opinions on everything, regardless of expertise, they are uniformly poor shots, and they tend to exhibit a frightening lack of safety training.

Mall ninjas often festoon their weapons with all types of "tacticrap" gear that is not needed on fighting firearm. The phrase "amateurs concentrate on hardware while professionals concentrate on software (training)" was borne out of their existence I am sure...

Take a look at this satirical video of a "Ninja Glock"...funny as hell



Came across this last night on the web (I had seen it before) at the same time I had my G34 out of the safe and thought to myself "I may be dangerously close to having a ninja Glock myself" after looking it over a couple of times.

After mulling it over I decided that while I did have some stuff that was not necessarily paramount to its function, that since this was a "fun" gun for steel plate competition that it did not fall into the ninja Glock category. I would not hesitate to call it a Samurai Glock though....the Samurai were a class of brave and loyal warriors in feudal Japan, known for their intense devotion to duty....much like Glocks...

I went over this pistol before, but to save you the trouble of reading a back link...its my standard LEO package G34 with a tungsten guide rod, Warren-Sevigny fiber optic sights, a 3# trigger, US Flag back plate, grip tape, extended controls, a magwell, +2 extender on the magazine (for 19 + 1 capacity in the weapon and positive insertion of the magazine) and an insight M3 light/blue LED combo for giggles...

BANZAI!!

No comments: