2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Men and their daughters...and their guns.....

From the movie Clueless....

Mel: "If anything happens to my daughter, Ive got a .45 and shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you."

For those of us who are some little girl's Daddy, we can certainly understand that sentiment. My little girl is only 9 but already the words "cute" and "hot" have been uttered about boys in her school.

Not that I would ever entertain the notion of actually using one against a suitor, but anyone my daughter dates will probably know I am a gun guy before too long...If that works to help "cultivate" a more gentlemanly attitude, well, so be it...

A cool little tune about the same thing, thanks to my former Guard bud Eric for posting it...

2 comments:

JesseL said...

The first time I met the man who became my father-in-law was when my girlfriend (now wife) and I stopped by his home to borrow some ear plugs before we went shooting.

The Zombie Hunter said...

my daughter may only be almost 3 years old, but I feel the same!