2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hunting...

I don't hunt. Not really my cup of tea. I enjoy the entire being in the woods and nature and stuff, the same things I enjoyed about the Infantry. I understand why people enjoy it and for many its part of their history and heritage and I wholeheartedly encourage them to continue. Hell, for some poeple its just not a recreational activity but an part of their gaining meat for the table. For me though, I came from an "no guns" type upbringing from an urban/suburban environment and we just did not hunt. That being said, I give you the following video by Man In The Box...




Yeah, the group is pretty damn liberal and this is canted about 45 degrees anti-gun, anti-hunting... Its funny though at the end when Greg east the baby possum jerky anyway. I am amazed at how many people are anti hunting but yet think nothing of grabbing a steak or some pork chops out of the meat case at the local grocery store...meat is meat folks. My Mom and Dad won't even eat beef that we have purchased from a country butcher because it supposedly "tastes gamey"...wtf? They get their meat I guess from "doner cows" put down "humanely" in a slaughter house.

Either way, hunter or non-hunter, in this age of so called "tolerance" can't we all just accept that some people choose to kill their own meat instead of having it handed to them in a wrapper through the drive through window and be done with it....

No comments: