2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So I guess I am selling the LCP??

The LCP? The pistol I said I wouldn't sell because its just so damn convenient to carry? I guess so? It was weird, I was at work yesterday and a guy I know named Keith came into the office. I have known him on and off through work now for the better part of a 7 or 8 years but have never really worked closely with him. Regardless, he is a good guy and we get along. He asked me if I had any guns to sell him for his wife. I was shocked to find out that his wife had been viciously beaten in the parking lot of a shopping center last year and dragged by the attacker as he sped off in her car. The guy just cold cocked her from the rear sucker punch style. Keith said she was a small woman and that he wanted to give her something to even the odds next time if this should happen. I asked him why he was coming to me and somebody over at another of our locations suggested asking me since I apparently have a reputation for being "the gun guy" at work...go figure.

Well, the first thing that came to mind was the LCP. The LC9 has been my go-to gun since I got it and I have waived on my feelings about selling the LCP for a few weeks. I actually offered it up in trade (plus $$) to a guy on Gunlistings for a M1 Carbine but got turned down. So I guess I really don't need it that bad after all. It was weird, the words were coming out of my mouth and I understood them but they sounded like someone else was talking in my head. No matter now, as of Friday afternoon it will be out of the safe and in his possession. I am giving him a good deal for the pistol, laser sight, spare mag, ammo and multiple holsters. All I wanted in return for it was a reasonable price and him to promise to take her to a new shooters course and/or a CCW class if she was to carry it.

The money I get will go to either pay off the LC9, put it down on a SR1911 or maybe buy a new 'fridge for the garage.

The LCP has been a great carry piece for me for well over a year. While it exceeds the LCP in firepower, I hope the LC9 can carry on the "go anywhere" convenience that the LCP brought to my carry rotation.

No comments: