2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Dear Ruger...

Hey guys at Ruger, really coming around to your products in a big way. My current primary is a LC9 and I am seriously thinking about getting another LCP and even a SR1911! I don't care that you have copied designs from kel-Tec, nor that your former company president helped shove the '94 weapons ban down out throats. I don't even care that the LC9 has more safety devices on it than a child's car seat....all is forgiven in my book. Your web site rocks and you guys do an excellent job supporting your products. The way you stood right up and admitted to the drop safety problem on the SR9 and LCP and took care of it is commendable. You guys are doing great!!!





...well, there is one thing......

When you decide to design (or copy and produce, whatever) a defensive pistol for CCW use, could you do us a favor and GIVE US A SECOND MAGAZINE! I know you are not the only ones doing the single mag thing (looking at you Kahr and Kimber) but you are the company whose products I am using now. Yes, I know the SR9c comes with 2 and that is great and all. But a lot of shooters (like myself) will choose the easy of carry of the LC9 over the increased firepower of the SR9 because the concealability is how you guys market it. If its a cost thing trying to keep the pistol at a competitive price point thing, well, what I always point out to people is that when I looked at the price of the LC9 I factored in the additional cost of the extra mag in the purchase price. I am sure if you could include the second one in the package itself you could provide it for much cheaper than what I was charged by the retailer at the counter. That would be appreciated by many of us.

I am not a professional gunfighter. I do not foresee myself duplicating a scene from a John Woo movie and going through hundreds of rounds in a armed encounter. Truthfully, I hope I never get into one in the first place. But if I just so happen to do get into one, I would like the peace of mind to know my 7+1 in the LC9 is backed by another 7 in my pocket for a total of 15, now that is a decent number to fend off wolves who often attack in packs.

Just a thought fellas...otherwise sending much love down to Arizona to you all....

No comments: