2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

D-Bag of the moment award....


....and the winner is .......ME!!!



OK, I finally did it, had my first ND. They say its not "if" but "when" in terms of those and I guess they are true...

Here's the story...

Stop by Kev's to say hi, we are milling about his garage and I spy his Gamo Whisper air rifle he keeps handy to take care of errant bunnies threating his tomatoes. He walks out of the garage, I pick it up, look through the scope, go to put it down and POP!! Keep in mind its a air rifle and not a .308 so its not like it busted my eardrums but it did get my attention, along with the sound of the round hitting the ceiling of his garage somewhere "downrange". Kev immediately got on me about violating the 1st rule of gun safety and I stand guilty as charged. Hell, wasn't like I was meat pawing the trigger, I just went to set it back down and my finger must have gotten in the trigger guard. No matter, I picked it up in the first place so its my fault regardless.

Let this be a lesson kids...even a "seasoned shooter" like me (ok, that is stretching it quite a bit) can be bit by the Murphy Flu when you don't pay attention. All guns are loaded, even when they are not, air rifles or "real" guns.

Sorry Kev!!

2 comments:

fomogo said...

Thats why there are 4 rules.
Muff one of them, and you can still be OK if following the others.
I think there are 10 times as many people who have had a ND than those who admit to it.
Takes a little manning up to admit it openly.


Jim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reality check.