What can I say that isn't already being said?
Burn in hell you son of a bitch!
Woke up this morning, showered and dressed and went downstairs. Wife was already up...she looked at me..
Wife: "Have you heard the big news?"
Me: "No what, did the royal couple order white wine with red meat or something on their honeymoon that the press is all up in arms about?"
Wife: "They killed Bin Laden!"
Me: "About damn time..."
I am so glad that his corpse is now rotting on the bottom of the ocean being used as a feeding device for bottom feeders...just sad that he got shot in the head apparently and didn't suffer more....
Still...got some questions and observations...
- What the hell was he doing hiding so close to both Pakistani military and police garrisons?
- Is it a coincidence that there are many (including me to be truthful) that think its time to get our troops home and then we pop his bony ass out of nowhere? Convenient excuse to pull our colors and get, isn't it?
- Now that he has been killed in "battle" did we just create a "super-martyr"? for AL Queerdo? Wouldn't it have been better to capture him, put him on public trial (after an appropriate amount of time training him for the Pakistani Olympic Water Boarding Team) and exposing him for the criminal he is and then executing him?
- Our former boy in Afghanistan, Karzai, now pretty much a corrupt puppet for many masters, is saying how great it is and pointing out basically that "hey, see he wasn't here...you can get the fuck out of my country now..."
- For those out there heaping praise on the POTUS..sorry folks, this act was preordained as soon as we figured out who was responsible for 9/11...we could of had Mother Teresa (that is if she wasn't dead already) as our president and the only way it would of ended was with him dead one way or another, Saddam's death was just prolonged because he was a pussy and refused to fight when he was captured.
- Wonder if the shit is flying in SOCOM over the SEALS being granted so much early credit for the kill...I would bet money that it was a combined arms op....
- I figure that this was pretty much a PR victory for us and that is it...his effectiveness on field ops was pretty low from what I have read, he was just too high of a value target for the organization to use in the field...don't expect a lot of reverb at the local cell level because of his death...hell, Ho Chi Minh died in the middle of the Vietnam War and look what happened...
Anyway, a cold one on me for the guy who tapped his ass with a hollowpoint if we ever meet.