2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fleet Week


OK, I am not a big fan of NYC. I have never really been there but there are enough reasons for me not to go that I may not ever get there. I hate the Yankees, Michael Bloomberg, I am tired of the elitist image of themselves that many New Yorkers front to the rest of us in "flyover" states and generally don't want to spend my dollars in such an anti-gun city. Still, it does have its shining moments...the city's reaction to 9/11, its dedicated firemen and police and fleet week.

Fleet week is when the city of New York rolls out the red carpet for the Navy and Marine Corps and thanks them for being a vital part of that port cities history. From a formal flotilla parade in the harbor to parades downtown the city goes all out to celebrate those two branches this week.

So my hats off to the folks that board those massive pieces of floating steel and sit miles offshore bombing the hell out of the enemy...

No comments: