2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Dr. Love is no fan of the POTUS


Now I generally try to stay out of partisan politics on this blog and try to hone in on issues relating to gun rights or veteran issues when it comes to politics....but this clip is just too damn good to pass up.

If you have not guessed, I am not a big fan of the man who sits in the Oval Office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for a few different reasons, not the least is his history on gun rights. He has yet to make a full on assault on the 2nd Amendment in his presidency, but I think that is only a matter of time (later this year if polls show he would be trailing a republican challenger or in his second term as a lame duck).

Now I am not one of those "birthers", nor am I someone who thinks that President Obama is a Islamic mole sent to destroy us from the inside out. Its my belief that within both the RNC and DNC there are a group of people that have no other job than to scout out info on the "enemy" and exploit it to its advantage. If there was even a credible vein of info that would make the birth issue legitimate don't you think the RNC would of pushed that way before he got elected and taken legal action if possible? No, what I think is that President Obama is probably a pretty decent guy and family man who just happens to be a liberal idealist. To confess, I am not a "hardcore" conservative and have some moderate views on certain subjects that some of my friends would call "liberal". Call me crazy but until one side or the other can run things flawlessly when they are in charge and everyone stops debating the need for change I am willing to look at all the options.

I hope I don't lose too many readers after this posts tomorrow after saying all of that....

Idealists have their place. Our country was founded by an big group of them that had nothing but an idea of what they could forge on this continent when they started their move for independence from England. They create ideas and push forward solutions to problems. The trouble with being an idealist is in the variables though. In my opinion most idealists give way to much credit to the populace as a whole to go along with change or their way of thinking. I mean change is scary and nobody likes to be told what to think. I think many an idealistic plan for social or economic change is made without fully thinking about how the people that it affects will react, I mean you go to a top tier school, get a masters degree or Juris Doctorate you got to be smarter than the average Joe, right? Wrong.

Kind of reminds me of that scene from Back to School where a saavy business man played by Rodney Dangerfield with no formal education goes toe-to-toe in the classroom with his professor who has spent his entire career in academia..



Getting back to being an idealist, that is what Gene Simmons of the rock band KISS apparently has against the president. In this video he admits that he voted for him..or at least what he thought the IDEA of having him in the White House stood for. But where Gene draws the line is on the Israeli-Palestinian issue. To be up front, Gene has never denied that he is a proud Israeli born American and is a Zionist, so his anger over the president suggesting Israel go back to the same border it had in 1967 is understandable. I admire the tenaciousness of the Israeli military and support their right to defend themselves but I have to feel for some poor Palestinian kid growing up in a ghetto in an Israeli controlled zone with no outlook on the future while gazing at Israeli settlements on what was once his peoples land. I always keep in the back of my find that despite the Israelis being our "allies" that they have done bad things against us in the past as well (see USS Liberty or Jonathan Pollard). Despite these incidents, Israeli is still as close to a stable ally we have in the region.

Still this entire Palestine situation does not sit well with me. I love my God and I support peoples beliefs in whatever they will (within some boundaries of reason of course) but man, religion does a job on conflicts when its tossed in as part of the logic for it. At least an idealist has an idea that he must logically be able to defend or prove, an argument based on two opposing belief systems of faith cannot be placed under the same proofs. I love in my God and believe in him, but I cannot prove he exists by conventional means....I cannot produce him in the flesh, I cannot call upon him to come forth...its all a "leap of faith" as they say.

Anyway, Gene goes off on Obama here for being an idealist who has "no Fucking idea" about what he is doing in Israel internal matters stating that Israel should give back land to the Palestinians and redraw its borders. Hell, Gene even takes some time at the end to flirt with the interviewer....love that Gene...

No comments: