2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Better pic of the M1 "steel pot" helmet...

Remember the other day I was talking about helmets?

Well, I found a better pic of the M1 helmet...in it you can see how the camouflage cover was used over the steel shell and then kept in place with the fiber liner. This was not issued until after WW2 and therefore not reflected in the Van Johnson picture. Oh yeah, there is a hot chick involved here too...I believe Van would have approved..


Thanks to the Everyday, No Days Off blog for posting the pic and reminding me of my remiss in this matter.

No comments: