2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, April 15, 2011

So I did participate in BAG day after all....

I caved and got..........wait for it.........the LC9


Just came down to a matter of preference. After looking at them side by side again the LC9 just felt better in my hand. I figure I can get a pair of "line and dot" style sights for it at some point and since the sights were dovetailed in they would be easier to replace. The trigger squeeze is another thing all together, but I think I can get used to it...its much like the LCP, which I don't have any issues with anymore.

The LC9 (top) next to the LCP...notice the family resemblance..

As far as the safeties go on it, it seems I can get around the mag disconnect, don't even notice the loaded chamber flag and the thumb and key safeties can be ignored. I had an Uncles Mikes #1 IWB el cheapo holster that works for now...more work for Luke Adams in the future. I splurged and got another mag for it ($40...ouch) but would rather have and not need than need and not have and do it now rather than later.

One thing Ruger has done is to perfect that minimalist motif with their packaging.

More review on it (and the new G26) to follow. And thanks to the two guys who responded so quickly today, I appreciate it...even if you both said to go the other way with the Kahr! I did take you words under advice...but the Ruger just felt better. The Kahr is obviously a great pistol too. I felt it almost felt "too small" in my hands...weird coming from a guy who carried a LCP I know. What I was thinking was how the slightly bigger frame and weight might help in recoil. Again, I think my decision was a win-win type scenario anyway.


So whats good a gun without ammo? Also bought 2oo rounds of 5.56mm, 100 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of 00 buck for BAG day too!

3 comments:

Mark said...

My suggestion was totally on aesthetics so I can't blame you for going the other route.

Looks like a nice gun and that slim single stack 9mm is probably the kind I would carry if IL would get off their ass and pass CCW. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after some time passes.

(BTW, totally missed the difference in banners till just now. Badass.)

Joe mama said...

I have both and like both as far as smoother operation the LC9 wins, it just feels more refined when cycling and mag release. The Kahr cycles the rounds a little clunky and tears up the brass, and the mag feels sticky when inserting and releasing, these two complaints may clean up with more use. I think the LC9 is ready to go from the box with some range time. The CM9 on the other hand need a lot ot rounds put through it to hopefully smoth it out. This is why the PM remains so popular even at its over priced cost. The PM seams to be free of the CM unpolished operation.

Joe mama said...

I have both and like both as far as smoother operation the LC9 wins, it just feels more refined when cycling and mag release. The Kahr cycles the rounds a little clunky and tears up the brass, and the mag feels sticky when inserting and releasing, these two complaints may clean up with more use. I think the LC9 is ready to go from the box with some range time. The CM9 on the other hand need a lot ot rounds put through it to hopefully smoth it out. This is why the PM remains so popular even at its over priced cost. The PM seams to be free of the CM unpolished operation.