2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, April 22, 2011

Had arts & craft time today...

..and came up with this...
Its a target stand. I actually made 2 of them. Next Thursday and Friday I am going shooting with "the Posse". Its an rather informal group of fellow former Ohio National Guardsmen, most of whom - like myself - have some link to the 148th Infantry.

The stands are made with 3/4 inch PVC pipe. The clips are just binder clips I drilled holes in the top cross bar and secured with zip ties. All in all the stand cost me a little over $10 in supplies. The tope part will come off the base for storage and transport. Its lightweight, inexpensive and can be repaired from any damage for the most part by using duct tape if need be. I need to get some sand bags for the base but they should work well.

Its shaping up to be a great shoot. I plan on finally getting my Slipstream ST-1 treatment "burned into" my AR, do some M1 shooting, zero my 10/22 for Appleseed this year, fire up the Mosin and even getting some 00 buck shot patterned from the shotty...and shoot some serious rounds through the Glocks and my new LC9. Pretty much just bringing everything....

2 comments:

The Zombie Hunter said...

looks like the start of a lot of fun times!

Huey said...

everything is glued together except the joints where the stand legs go into the base...hindsight being 20/20 I should of left everything unglued just in case I did shoot one support I could just cut another and replace it....note for next time...