2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Follow up on the LC9...range report

Quick range report from Saturday (sorry no pics, forgot to bring the camera). OK, snuck out to get a haircut and ran to the Powder Room to try the new LC9 out...got lucky, the place was slow so I got right on the range and was able to shoot and get in and out in about 20 minutes. Before I started carrying this I wanted to make sure I knew how it shot. I brought a box of Blazer 115 gr. FMJ and about 20 or so Magtech 124gr +P HP rounds to shoot.


Quick thoughts...

  • All rounds fired with no issues....no FTF/FTE...exactly what I expected from others reports...
  • The trigger pull is long..way long, best to forget about staging it per the LCP and just fire it like a DA revolver...I got the hang of it after a few rounds easily enough...
  • The trigger was smoother than I remember the display one being in the store...just long...reminds me of the Ruger Security Six I got rid of (sniff...sniff)
  • First couple of rounds went a bit low and left, probably from moving the pistol getting used to the long DA trigger....overcame that in the first mag...
  • After that first mag, at about 3 - 4 yards with single aimed fire I was able to keep all the rounds in the "X" ring....
  • Doing the same with slow fire I was able to keep everything withing the "7" ring, including flyers..
  • At 7 yards I was easily able to keep everything in the "kill zone" of the target, even when simulating holster draws pulling the pistol up from a low ready and quickly firing..
  • Recoil is not bad, average with standard rounds and harsher with +P, of course...
  • With +P the pistol barks like a spanked puppy..
Again, sorry no pics, wasn't thinking. Initial range impressions make me think I made the right er choice...yeah, the CM9 trigger would of been way better, but I don't think I will have a trouble getting used to this one either.

No comments: