2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Saturday, April 23, 2011

CGI effects reel for The Walking Dead

Saw this posted on the We The Armed boards yesterday...

"The Walking Dead" Demo Reel 2010 from Stargate Studios on Vimeo.

Cool soundtrack...

Man, I figured that they used CGI for a lot of stuff in that show but I didn’t know that so many of the zeds were added in via the computer! I saw some show about the special effects crew and it seemed like they had ample extras. They even talked about “A”, “B” and “C” class zombies being made. “A” being the most realistic for close up shots and “C” being the least for background characters. I guess they used a lot of CGI also.

While I liked the show and thought it was OK, at least better than a lot of other shows on…it was a bit slow for me at points in the plot. Let’s face it, if you are reading this blog and watched the show you were probably like me, expecting (or hoping at least) for a full on assault during every show. I am really looking forward to what the second season brings..

And by the way...Target has the first season on DVD for only $9.99...that will bring a smile to anyones face....provided they still have one of course!

The Walking Dead 1.1 Days Gone By Behind The Scenes Andrew Lincoln

2 comments:

Mark said...

The comic the show is based on is the same way: everything seems great/nothing happens for 4 or 5 issues and then SHTF hardcore. Then again, they've gone pretty far off track from the comics so maybe they're planning on upping the action a bit.

If you're a comic guy or just a zombie guy I'd suggest checking out a couple volumes, they really push the boundaries.

The Zombie Hunter said...

and I hear season 2's gonna be totally awesome

:-)