2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Powder Room - Crimestoppers theft alert!

Hey, down at the bottom of the page I have a little section called "Buy from these guys" which I have not updated in like...forever. It will soon be replaced by a page link on the right and actually maintained. The second link is for a local range called The Powder Room in Powell, Ohio. Its about 10 minutes from where I live and my "default" range to run to for pistol shooting.

James over at Hell In A Handbasket picked up on a local story of interest about it. Apparently some thug went in there, rented 2 pistols and then walked out with them. If that was not bad enough, one of them ended up being used to shoot at Columbus Police Officers. Our local Crimestoppers is offering a reward for information leading to the recovery of the other one. Any of my local readers to Columbus that may have information about this please contact them.

From what I remember, I have never been asked for an ID to rent here before..maybe I am wrong on that. For whatever reason it happened to of occurred, it does not make the place look good in the spotlight of public critique. Bill and Steve over there have always treated me right with both service and negotiating a purchase so I hope they weather this OK. All I know is that this will probably make life a little more "complex" over there in the future for those of us renting guns in the future.

Thanks again to James for pointing this one out.

No comments: