2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Gun Nut

Powerpoint Ranger nails yet another cartoon today..


How many of us does this resemble? Generally I think the image of the gun nut in the media is only slightly overblown and I only wish I had as much stuff as some of these "nuts" that you hear about in the news on TV. There was one guy who was arrested a year or so ago I think in California that was somehow caught digging a bunker under his house to store his massive collection of guns and ammo. OK, maybe not the most stable mentality there, but the mere presence of large quantities of ammo and weapons made a huge splash in the liberal media. Hell, look in my basement and you might find a couple thousand rounds of ammo (hell, I probably have at least 3,000 rounds of .22 in bricks of 500 that I bough while they were on sale) and more than a few firearms as well. Does that make me a "gun nut"...I guess that depends on what you consider excessive...scroll all the way down this page and see the picture entitled "PREPAREDNESS" to see what I mean.

One of the funny things about this cartoon is the line "jack booted thugs" used by the SGM...um, maybe somebody should clue him in that to some in the "gun nut" community the Army may just be the "jack booted thugs" that are coming to get them...just saying...

(knock knock)..."Oh, well hello there...can I assume you are not here for the alcohol or tobacco?"

No comments: