2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, January 28, 2011

Utah becomes the first state to adopt an official gun...is Ohio next?...I hope not...

Utah is in the process of recognizing the iconic 1911 .45 ACP pistol as its official state firearm. James over at Hell In A Handbasket posted about this the other day but I was already aware as many of the folks on the We The Armed board I frequent are from Utah to begin with.

John Browning was from Utah and designed the 1911 there so its only fitting that it be recognized as a design that is identified with the state. Utah is really pro gun if you haven't picked up on that yet..

I seriously doubt with the social and political climate in Ohio that we would ever seriously be able to even think about naming a state gun.....But if we did it would have to be something designed and built totally in Ohio...hmmmm..that can only mean one thing....
hey, GO BUCKS!!



disclaimer: OK, I am making fun of the Hi-Point reputation. In reality I have no real beef with them. I owned a Hi-Point pistol as one of the first handguns I owned...other then its obviously made cheaply and its ugly...it worked. It would not be the first choice of anyone I know to grab and head off to a gunfight with...but if it is all you can afford its better than nothing. Hi-Point themselves have stated that they make the best gun for the money that they can to provide those on limited means with a way to protect themselves. Getting back to Hell in a Handbasket, James used to run a charity self defense course for people who had been victims of crime. Many were financially on a limited income. A Hi-Point would be a logical choice for these folks. There pistols can be found for around $150 in most places. They even had a booth at the SHOT show (pic below is of the Mad Ogre with one of their pieces ~ George is a proud Utah resident btw).

2 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Great post, and thanks for the link!

Huey said...

..and I should of said that ugly is a subjective term...I do love Glocks...