2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The samuri grip....

I was going through some folders on my hard drive tonight and I found this pic I snapped a while ago of a guy and his girlfriend shooting next to me up at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio...

While the guy is scoping out his girls caboose he is ignoring that she is choosing to use a new grip that I have not seen employed before. I have used and seen people use the one handed grip, the two handed "combat" or "isometric" grip with or without thumbs extended and even the tea cup grip. This is a new one to me...I guess I will call it "the samuri grip" since she is gripping the pistol as if it was a samuri's katana sword. To be honest, my hands are too large to even contemplate using a grip like this but it must be difficult to use. Both hands stacked like that are natually going to play against each other, but unlike a isometric hold where one works against the other to get a static hold of the pistol (one pushing and one pulling), I imaging this would have the gun gyrating all over like a baseball bat being held and then tapped repeatedly each time the gun was fired. Her accuracy at what must be about 3 yards is pretty poor.

So dude, teach her to shoot right...less staring at that behind and more trigger time!!

7 comments:

The Zombie Hunter said...

Won't he earn more chick points by teaching her the right way?

"hey baby, here's how you hold it right..."

cheers!

Huey said...

Right on TZH! My thouhts exactly. Great handle and blog btw! Just made my following list on Google reader!

Thanks for the comment man!

The Zombie Hunter said...

you're very welcome sir! Just doing some creative writing on my part to entertain my wife and shake up my noodle some. hahah

I'm at the range on a weekly basis and we've been giving our wives lessons so yeah.

Huey's Gunsight is on my daily read. My Dad also sends his thumbs up!

have a great weekend!

James R. Rummel said...

Good post, and a very interesting grip.

Anonymous said...

That's how you hold a gun, not a pistol.

Shy Wolf said...

Maybe that's how he thinks a thirty round mag should be held? (Sorry- couldn't resist the tongue-in-cheek harrangue of the left and their shooting ideas.)
Shy III

Anonymous said...

Perhaps she's so used to gripping things this way in other contexts that this is her default grip on everything.....